Friday, November 3, 2017

How Lawyers Work: Aastha Madaan, Trusted Advisor & Coffee Connoisseur

In this week’s edition of How Lawyers Work, we hear from Aastha Madaan, the owner and founder Madaan Law, P.C. in Irvine, California. Aastha practices in the areas of business law, franchise law, and estate planning. Before starting her own practice, Aastha worked at a boutique business law firm and practiced business litigation. When she is not helping clients, Aastha teaches legal writing and research at a local law school and holds various leadership positions among legal associations.

What apps or tools are essential to your daily workflow?

PracticePanther, Google Calendar, Day Designer Planner, Mixmax, and my Microsoft Arc Mouse. I am seriously dependent on the Arc Mouse and don’t know what I would do without it.

What does your workspace look like?

Click to view slideshow.

I have one screen because it helps me focus. I always have a cup of coffee, water, a pen and a notepad also. Plus my Day Designer Planner is always on my desk. It keeps me on track.

How do you keep track of your calendars and deadlines?

Google Calendar syncs with my practice management software, PracticePanther. I also write down appointments in my Planner.

What is your coffee service setup?

This is the setup at my executive suite. I love this SUPER machine because it makes espresso and tea and coffee and they have seasonal flavors. I have an espresso machine at home that I use in the morning and this machine for my afternoon dose!

Click to view slideshow.

What is one thing that you listen to, read, or watch that everyone should?

I listen to NPR regularly and recommend it to anyone that doesn’t already listen.

What is your favorite local place to network or work solo?

I love local coffee shops. My favorite is Berlin Bistro, which is walking distance from my office. It has a great ambiance. They make great coffee drinks and also have food in case the person you are meeting is hungry. I also like Recreational Coffee, which is also walking distance from the office.

What are three things you do without fail every day?

(1) Walk my dog every morning; (2) Drink Coffee; (3) Look at my email.

Who else would you like to see answer these questions?

Nicole Abboud, Sonia Lakhany, and Somya Kaushik.

How Lawyers Work: Aastha Madaan, Trusted Advisor & Coffee Connoisseur was originally published on Lawyerist.com.



source https://lawyerist.com/how-lawyers-work-aastha-madaan/

No comments:

Post a Comment