Friday, October 6, 2017

How Lawyers Work: Eric Cooperstein, Ethics Maven & Non-Profit Board Junkie

In this week’s edition of How Lawyers Work we talked to Eric Cooperstein, owner of Eric Cooperstein, PLLC. Eric is a solo lawyer in Minneapolis dedicated to representing lawyers in legal ethics matters. He currently serves on the boards of Minnesota Continuing Legal Education and Minnesota Lawyers Mutual Insurance. Eric is a past president of the Hennepin County Bar Association. He is also a frequent presenter on legal ethics and practice management.

You can follow Eric on LinkedIn and Twitter. 

What apps or tools are essential to your daily workflow?

Clio for time and billing. iPad Pro. Microsoft Office. Calendly. I love the iPad Pro with the Apple Pencil so much that I wrote an entire post about it. Still haven’t touched a legal pad since last November. Calendly is my new fav. It lets clients, colleagues, etc. look at my calendar and schedule appointments, getting rid of those pesky (and sometimes annoying) emails back and forth about setting a time for a meeting.

What does your workspace look like?

One of those Japanese hotels where they slide you into your sleeping cubby at night.

How do you keep track of your calendars and deadlines?

Clio tasks, mostly, plus iCal.

What is your coffee service setup?

Flavia (belongs to my landlord).

What is one thing that you listen to, read, or watch that everyone should?

Oh, lawd. I work too much. I did recently squeeze in the latest season of Portlandia. I can always make time for Portlandia.

What is your favorite local place to network or work solo?

Minnesota CLE office and studios, my office away from my office. There are always lawyers passing through on their way to and from seminars, bar association meetings, etc. My clients are all lawyers. See how that works.

What are three things you do without fail every day?

Walk my dog 2.5 miles, read The NY Times, practice German on Duolingo (until Oct.).

Who else would you like to see answer these questions?

Jayne Sykora and Jennifer Santini. Jayne and Jen share an office. Not two offices in a suite but the same office. They recently moved to bigger space and still share the same office. Blows my mind.

How Lawyers Work: Eric Cooperstein, Ethics Maven & Non-Profit Board Junkie was originally published on Lawyerist.com.



source https://lawyerist.com/how-lawyers-work-eric-cooperstein/

No comments:

Post a Comment