Friday, March 9, 2018

How Lawyers Work: Joleena Louis, Divorce Lawyer & Dog Lover

In this week’s edition of How Lawyers Work, we hear from Joleena Louis. Joleena is a New York City-based matrimonial attorney whose practice areas include divorce, child custody & support, and adoption.

You can find Joleena on Twitter and LinkedIn. 

What’s your elevator pitch?

I help my clients protect what matters. That can mean protecting their children, assets, or business. My primary clients are entrepreneurs. I also blog about marketing tips for solo lawyers.

What apps or tools are essential to your daily workflow?

MyCase, Trello, and Notes on my iPhone are essential to my daily workflow. MyCase keeps my cases organized, Trello keeps my content organized, and I use notes on my iPhone to keep my mind organized. Any thought or idea that pops into my head goes into Notes so I can get it out of my head and focus on the task at hand.

What does your workspace look like?

Click to view slideshow.

My workspace is anywhere I can bring my laptop. Sometimes it’s a desk at home, sometimes it’s a coffee shop near a courthouse, sometimes it’s the beach. All I need is my laptop and wifi to get things done.

How do you keep track of your calendars and deadlines?

I absolutely love Google Calendar. I put everything there and sync it with MyCase and Acuity. I also have a very simple paper calendar that I use as a backup. I reconcile the two every day and never miss a deadline.

What is one thing that you listen to, read, or watch that everyone should?

Getting Things Done changed my life. It really helped me get and stay organized.

What is your favorite local place to network or work solo?

There is this cool little coffee shop called Cream in my neighborhood that you can find me at a few times a week. Best iced mocha ever!

How do you or your team approach problems?

 If something can be done—do it. If not, don’t stress about it. Simple.

What are three things you do without fail every day?

(1) Post to Instagram. It is a pretty good source of clients for me; (2) Read. Almost every great improvement in my life or business has come from something I read; (3) Take a bubble bath. It’s how I signal to my body that the day is over and makes it easier to relax and disconnect.

Who else would you like to see answer these questions?

Michelle Obama.

The post How Lawyers Work: Joleena Louis, Divorce Lawyer & Dog Lover appeared first on Lawyerist.com.



source https://lawyerist.com/how-lawyers-work-joleena-louis/

No comments:

Post a Comment