Friday, December 29, 2017

How Lawyers Work: Mariam Morshedi, Legal Educator & Tomboy

In this week’s edition of How Lawyers Work, we hear from Mariam Morshedi. Mariam is the Founder, President, and CEO of Subscript Law. Subscript Law is a non-profit dedicated to making legal resources and text accessible and comprehensive for the American public. 

You can follow Mariam on LinkedIn

What’s your elevator pitch?

I run a nonprofit website that delivers legal news through graphics.

What apps or tools are essential to your daily workflow?

I use Squarespace, Adobe Illustrator, Google apps (Docs, Spreadsheets & Calendar), a sketch pad and a very fine-tipped pen.

What does your workspace look like?

After a trial period of using the formal home office, I have landed at the dining room table because the bench seat is very comfortable.

How do you keep track of your calendars and deadlines?

I primarily use Google calendar, email reminders, and checklists (I recommend Atul Gawande’s The Checklist Manifesto!).

What is your coffee service setup?

I have my DeLonghi Super-Automatic espresso machine.

What is one thing that you listen to, read, or watch that everyone should?

I compare recipes a lot and advocate for others to do it because you learn the essential steps and ingredients and can determine which ones you can alter. It gives those of us who don’t like to follow rules some reasonable boundaries.

What is your favorite local place to network or work solo?

Crazy Mocha in Montclair, New Jersey is my favorite.

What are three things you do without fail every day?

Click to view slideshow.

1.) Exercise; 2.) Return all the spices back to the spice rack after my 16-month-old pulls them out; 3.) G-chat with my husband (workdays).

Who else would you like to see answer these questions?

Jacob Press (HUD), Dara Smith (AARP Litigation)

How Lawyers Work: Mariam Morshedi, Legal Educator & Tomboy was originally published on Lawyerist.com.



source https://lawyerist.com/how-lawyers-work-mariam-morshedi/

No comments:

Post a Comment