Friday, September 22, 2017

How Lawyers Work: Juliet Peters, Business Lawyer and Advocate of Better Living through Laughter

juliet peters office

In this week’s edition of How Lawyers Work, we talked to Juliet Peters, founder of Framework Legal. Juliet was a journalist in television news for almost a decade prior to going to law school. She worked in both the private and public sector and as in-house counsel before founding her own firm.

You can follow Juliet on LinkedIn

What apps or tools are essential to your daily workflow?

Composition Notebooks (but I’m just allowed one a month), BigTime, Box, QuickBooks, SharePoint (not sure about this yet), Slack (late convert —thanks TBD Law), Office 365, Adobe Acrobat (so much functionality, so little time).

What does your workspace look like?

Depends where I’m working. I share an office that I love (modern, efficient with lots of conference room choices) with two other practitioners in our collective. It’s modern, feminine chic with a Dammit Doll on the chair. At home, I have a desk in the main room to keep an eye on teens but I spend lots of time in my pajamas in my bed working…a habit I’ve had since I was a kid (and no, there will not be any photos).

How do you keep track of your calendars and deadlines?

Outlook mostly. I don’t do litigation, so my need for double calendaring is limited.

What is your coffee service setup?

(Other beverages are fine, of course, but we think you should really be serving coffee!)

Coffee in the kitchen which is about 500 feet away, but we are big tea drinkers so we usually have a really good pot of tea.

What is one thing that you listen to, read, or watch that everyone should?

Just one? What kind of trick question is this? Lawyerist? Too suck up-ey? I’m seriously a big podcast listener so if forced to choose I would say Built to Sell.

What is your favorite local place to network or work solo?

A coffee shop called Maverick where we get some really good marketing ideas.

What are three things you do without fail every day?

Meditate, tell my kids and husband I love them, and prioritize and re-prioritize

Who else would you like to see answer these questions?

Tina Fey.

How Lawyers Work: Juliet Peters, Business Lawyer and Advocate of Better Living through Laughter was originally published on Lawyerist.com.



source https://lawyerist.com/lawyers-work-juliet-peters-business-lawyer-advocate-better-living-laughter/

No comments:

Post a Comment